Saturday, April 25, 2009

Jense.

I realize that I leave in less than a week and all the work I have to do is starting to overwhelm. I've got it under control, naturally, but sleeping is something I've become fond of, as opposed to this non-sleeping, extra working shenanigan I'm playing at.

I really do love change (or at least, most of the time). I love moving, doing new things, meeting new people, you know. That doesn't mean I don't miss the things I've left behind, however, like people and bomb sushi restaurants. When I left Santa Cruz this last time I shed a little tear. Not seeing my best friends for six months is a little bit sad...let's be honest here. I realize it's only half a year, and that time will fly by faster than Lindsay's Jensen's integrity, but still, when you're used to seeing someone often, or at least being able to drive to them when you really need a shoulder or a good word, it's hard to rip yourself out of that.

So, here's to Santa Cruz. To Pink Godzilla, Pac Thai, Scotts Valley Market, Erik's Deli, Tac V, the ocean and the sun. And to my friends, who had better the hell miss me cause I know you're nothing without this piece of fabulousawesome! Hug a redwood, listen to a sea lion, flash a peace sign at Robert (the Pink Lady) and then lock yourself up in a hole until I return. You're not necessarily capable of much more...in fact, do you think you can handle all of that? Maybe you should forego the tree hugging. It can be a complicated process, what with the coordinating of the arms and the wrapping all at once.

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment